This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
These bacon chicken meatballs in luscious bacon cream sauce is a rich, creamy and satisfying dish that’s easy enough to make on a busy weeknight.
Make the meatballs in advance and it’ll take literally minutes to put dinner on the table.
Bacon Chicken Meatballs in Bacon Cream Sauce
For bacon chicken meatballs:
- 5 oz bacon
- 2 lbs ground chicken*, Note 1
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup packed fresh parsley, about 20gr
- 1 cup Panko, Japanese breadcrumbs
- 5 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For bacon cream sauce:
- 2 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or white vinegar
- To make meatballs, preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line 2 baking sheets with silicone mat, or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, place bacon and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add all the remaining meatball ingredients. Pulse until everything is well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, divide the mixture into uniform meatballs, about 1-inch. (You will get about 60 meatballs.) Arrange the meatballs on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce.
- To make cream sauce, in a large skillet (I used 12-inch skillet), cook chopped bacon over medium high heat until nice and crispy, 8 minutes.
- Remove bacon bits onto a plate, lined with a paper towel. Drain bacon fat, leaving about 1 tablespoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and add minced shallot into the skillet. Cook until nice and soft, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in chicken broth and bring it to a boil over high heat, scraping the pan to deglaze. Continue to boil until reduced to by half, 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low. Add cream and lemon juice and simmer gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in chicken meatballs and bacon bits and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serious comfort food alert!!!
These rich and creamy bacon chicken meatballs are so juicy, tender and insanely flavorful (thanks, bacon!).
Not only are they the best chicken meatballs, but they’re also bathed in lusciously rich and creamy bacon cream sauce!!! Talk about comfort food.
There’s no such thing as too much bacon, am I right?
You can serve these meatballs with your favorite pasta, or plain rice, or buckwheat groats for low-carb option. The rich bacon cream sauce will turn any side dish into super side dish.
But our favorite side for these meatballs is pasta. Linguini, to be specific.
By the way, you can prepare the chicken meatballs in advance. Over the weekend, perhaps? Then you’ll be able to serve the dinner in less than 30 minutes on a hectic weeknight!
Besides, it’s always a great idea to have some frozen meatballs on hand, right? 😉
Also, if you don’t have ground chicken, you can totally use skinless boneless chicken breast and just process it in a food processor! That’s what I usually do.
Can I use ground turkey?
Heck, yeah! Turkey meatballs will be just as tasty.
HOW TO MAKE UNIFORM MEATBALLS?
My secret to making perfectly uniform meatballs is this medium cookie scoop! Makes the whole process so much easier and quicker. And you’ll get cute little bite-size chicken meatballs in no time!
My 3-year-old toddler “inhaled” like 5 meatballs straight from the baking sheet. So yeah, these meatballs are great as is too. But why stop there? Toss them with rich bacon cream sauce for an indulgent dinner to end a busy day!
Oh, yeah, these crispy bacon bits not only add amazing flavor, but also a great texture!