Baked Miso Chicken
Change up your roasted chicken game a bit with addition of flavorful miso paste into your marinade. It adds delicious savory flavor to anything it touches. Hearty dinner in less than an hour!
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin (aka rice wine)
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha (more if you like spicy)
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, legs and/or wings
- 1 green onion for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon black or white toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, sesame oil, olive oil, mirin, Sriracha, soy sauce and salt until nice and smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour the prepared marinade. Squeeze out the air, as you close the bag. Massage the marinade into the meat to distribute it evenly. Marinade for 20-30 minutes. If you’re cooking right away, keep it at room temperature. If not cooking within 30 minutes, refrigerate until 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the chicken in one layer in a baking pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until internal temperature registers 170°F (76°C).
- Garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with steamed rice, or vegetables of your choice for a complete meal.
Grilling Instructions: Preheat the grill to medium high. Place the chicken skin side down, cook until internal temperature reaches 185°F, about 40 minutes, flipping them over half way through.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 thigh
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 515 Calories
- Total Fat: 39.5g
- Cholesterol: 189.5mg
- Sodium: 819.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 4.9g
- Sugar: 1.9g
- Protein: 33g