This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Baked Miso Chicken
- 2 tablespoons miso paste
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon mirin, aka rice wine
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha, more if you like spicy
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs, legs and/or wings
- 1 green onion for garnish, optional
- 1 teaspoon black or white toasted sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together miso paste, sesame oil, olive oil, mirin, Sriracha, soy sauce and salt until nice and smooth.
- Place the chicken in a large ziplock bag and pour the prepared marinade. Squeeze out the air, as you close the bag. Massage the marinade into the meat to distribute it evenly. Marinade for 20-30 minutes. If you’re cooking right away, keep it at room temperature. If not cooking within 30 minutes, refrigerate until 30 minutes prior to cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the chicken in one layer in a baking pan. Bake for about 35 minutes, or until internal temperature registers 170°F (76°C).
- Garnish with sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Serve with steamed rice, or vegetables of your choice for a complete meal.