This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Easy orange ginger glaze gives the baked salmon such a great burst of fresh flavors! The glaze can be made in advance, but this baked orange ginger salmon dinner can be put together in less than 30 minutes!
Opt for skinless salmon filets for this recipe, as the skin will get soggy and unappetizing. Plus, skinless filets bake quicker!
Baked Orange Ginger Salmon
- 4 skinless salmon filets, 4-6oz each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- Fresh scallion slices
- Cooked white rice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- To make orange ginger glaze, combine orange juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a small saucepan.
- Bring it to a boil over medium high heat.
- And then reduce heat and simmer on medium heat until the mixture is reduced by two thirds, about 10 minutes.
- To bake salmon, line a baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy cleaning.
- Drizzle olive oil over the baking sheet and place salmon filets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully spoon the glaze over salmon filets and bake for about 15 minutes, or until salmon cooked through.
- Serve with steamed rice and scallions.