Creamy Coconut Shrimp
With perfect combination of sweet and salty, this creamy coconut shrimp is quick and easy weeknight meal. Before you start cooking the shrimp, we suggest putting a pot of rice to cook while you work on shrimp so that you can have a complete meal in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 2lbs large shrimp (26-30 per lb), peeled and deveined
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooked white rice
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until opaque and cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp onto a plate.
- Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice, ginger, lime zest, sugar and salt into the skillet.
- Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer to thicken, 5-8 minutes.
- Add shrimp back into the skillet and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice with lime wedges on the side.
If you tried this recipe, I’d love to read your feedback. Please leave your comment and rating below, or share on Instagram with #busycooks and tag us @busy_cooks. Thank you!!
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 426 Calories
- Total Fat: 22.1g
- Cholesterol: 364.9mg
- Sodium: 441.7mg
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 47.4g