This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Creamy Coconut Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, 26-30 per lb, peeled and deveined
- 1 14oz can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooked white rice
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until opaque and cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp onto a plate.
- Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice, ginger, lime zest, sugar and salt into the skillet.
- Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer to thicken, 5-8 minutes.
- Add shrimp back into the skillet and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice with lime wedges on the side.
- If you tried this recipe, I'd love to read your feedback. Please leave your comment and rating below, or share on Instagram with #busycooks and tag us @busy_cooks. Thank you!!