Creamy Coconut Shrimp
With perfect combination of sweet and salty, this creamy coconut shrimp is quick and easy weeknight meal. Before you start cooking the shrimp, we suggest putting a pot of rice to cook while you work on shrimp so that you can have a complete meal in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 2lbs large shrimp (26-30 per lb), peeled and deveined
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooked white rice
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until opaque and cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp onto a plate.
- Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice, ginger, lime zest and salt into the skillet.
- Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer to thicken, 5-8 minutes.
- Add shrimp back into the skillet and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice with lime wedges on the side.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 426 Calories
- Total Fat: 22.1g
- Cholesterol: 364.9mg
- Sodium: 441.7mg
- Carbohydrates: 10.5g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 47.4g