This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
With perfect combination of sweet and salty, this creamy coconut shrimp is quick and easy weeknight meal. Before you start cooking the shrimp, we suggest putting a pot of rice to cook while you work on shrimp so that you can have a complete meal in less than 30 minutes!
Creamy Coconut Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, or olive oil
- 2 lbs large shrimp, (26-30 per lb, peeled and deveined)
- 1 (14oz) can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cooked white rice
- Lime wedges
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until opaque and cooked through, 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp onto a plate.
- Add coconut milk, garlic, ginger, lime juice, ginger, lime zest, sugar and salt into the skillet.
- Bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Then reduce the heat to medium and simmer to thicken, 5-8 minutes.
- Add shrimp back into the skillet and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve over steamed rice with lime wedges on the side.