Spring Cucumber Salad
Crunchy, fresh spring cucumber salad studded with chewy edamame and bright tomatoes! Simple and quick salad to compliment any meal.
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 mini seedless cucumbers
- 2 medium roma tomatoes**
- 1 cup shelled edamame***
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- In a large bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Slice the cucumber into thin disks.
- Halve the tomatoes and scoop out the seeds for another use. Dice the remaining flesh.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, edamame and dill into the bowl with olive oil mixture.
- Mix until well combined and serve immediately.
* Mini seedless cucumbers have less moisture, and that’s why they ideal for this cucumber salad. You can substitute english cucumber for mini ones as well.
** Roma tomatoes are ideal for this salad because they are low on water content and have more flesh.
*** You can use fresh or frozen edamame here. I used frozen edamame. Thaw, if using frozen edamame.
Yield: 2 servings, Serving Size:
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 218 Calories
- Total Fat: 13.9g
- Sodium: 597.5mg
- Carbohydrates: 19.7g
- Sugar: 8.3g
- Protein: 9.5g
Adapted from Cucumber Salad by Giada DeLaurentiis on Food Network Show.All images and text ©