This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Homemade beef and broccoli stir fry comes together faster than a take-out and is so much healthier! With this nicely balanced stir-fry sauce, this flavorful weeknight meal is surprisingly light, yet filling.
This super quick and easy beef stir fry is a family favorite!
Pair it with white or brown rice, or switch things up with your favorite noodles.
What cut of beef is best for beef & broccoli stir fry?
4 Time-Saving Tips:
- Cut the steak into super thin slices against the grain. That way beef cooks fast and stays nice and tender. Here’s my tip on how to slice meat thinly!
- Make this Chinese stir fry sauce up to a week in advance as part of your weekly meal prep.
- Chop up the broccoli and carrot in advance, and the dinner will take literally 15-minutes.
- Set the rice on stovetop, or in an Instant Pot, before you start cooking the stir fry, so that everything is ready at the same time.
What to serve with this easy beef & broccoli stir fry:
White and brown rice is my favorite to serve with this quick stir fry.
- Here’s how to cook fluffy white rice on stovetop.
- And if you have an Instant Pot, here’s how to cook rice in Instant Pot. I love cooking brown rice in my IP.
Easy Beef & Broccoli Stir Fry
- 1 lb sirloin steak, Note 1
- 12 oz broccoli florets, about 4 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Sesame seeds for garnish, optional
- Green onions, sliced green part, for garnish, optional
Chinese stir-fry sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- To prep, cut the beef into thin slices against the grain. Cut the broccoli into small pieces. Mix the marinade, if you’re making a fresh batch.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Once oil is shimmering, add beef slices and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer into a clean plate.
- Add remaining tablespoon of oil and heat it.
- Add broccoli florets and carrots and cook for about 4 minutes, or until nice and tender.
- Pour in stir-fry sauce and add beef slices. Bring it to a boil and cook for another minute or 2 minutes, or until sauce if thickened.
- Serve over hot rice with sesame seeds and/or green onions.