This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore in Slow Cooker
- 4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 8 oz sliced mushroom of your choice
- 28 oz pasta sauce of your choice
- Cooked pasta
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Place frozen chicken thighs on the bottom of the slow cooker in one layer. Season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly spread pressed garlic and shallot over the chicken.
- And then add mushrooms.
- Pour pasta sauce evenly over mushrooms. Cook on low for 7-8 hours, or on high for 3-4 hours.
- When ready to serve, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve the chicken with parsley and Parmesan cheese over the pasta.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore Tips:
- This easy chicken cacciatore is cooked in a slow cooker, which means it requires minimal hands-on time! Dinner practically cooks itself!!
- Only 5 main ingredients!!! Every ingredient is here for a reason. Each one adds flavor and play a key role. You can add ingredients, like bell pepper, but please don’t remove anything and expect a good result.
- Use only chicken thighs for this slow cooker meal. Because we’re cooking this dish in a slow cooker for extended period, chicken breast comes out dry and chalky. I tried it, and believe me, it wasn’t a winner. Darker meat cooks much better! Oh and you can throw in those frozen thighs without even thawing!!! Now, that’s a winner in my book.
- When preparing this chicken cacciatore, I like to layer the ingredients in certain order. First goes chicken thighs, season them with salt and pepper. Then evenly spread garlic and onion slices over the chicken. Top everything with mushroom slices and then pour the pasta sauce over the mushrooms. And that’s it! No need to stir or mix anything, just cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high, or 7-8 hours on low.