This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Easy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese, corn, scallions and cilantro.
- Take ¼ of chicken mixture and spread over half of a tortilla, leaving about ½-inch border at edge. Fold the tortilla over filling, pressing firmly to seal. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 quesadillas in the skillet, and cook, firmly pressing with a flat spatula, until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer onto a cutting board, and repeat with the remaining butter and 2 quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole, optional.