This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
This seriously easy chicken quesadilla recipe is the perfect way to use up leftover chicken. Throw in some scallions, cilantro and corn kernels, if you have on hand, and enjoy a delicious cheesy dinner in minutes!
Easy Chicken Quesadilla Recipe
- 2 cups leftover cooked chicken, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 oz Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- ½ cup corn kernels, fresh or canned
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- Sour cream, salsa, and/or guacamole for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, cheese, corn, scallions and cilantro.
- Take ¼ of chicken mixture and spread over half of a tortilla, leaving about ½-inch border at edge. Fold the tortilla over filling, pressing firmly to seal. Continue with the remaining tortillas and filling.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in 12-inch non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Place 2 quesadillas in the skillet, and cook, firmly pressing with a flat spatula, until tortillas are golden brown and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer onto a cutting board, and repeat with the remaining butter and 2 quesadillas.
- Cut into wedges and serve with salsa, sour cream and/or guacamole, optional.