20-Minute Fresh Cherry Tomato Pasta with Chicken
Fast and easy is the name of the game for this deliciously fresh cherry tomato pasta with chicken. It takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish, and everyone will love it, especially kids! Burst of fresh flavors of sweet cherry tomatoes and basil, tender chicken bites and pasta – nothing beats this quick and easy comfort food! It’s super adaptable too – you can add some zucchini, red pepper flakes for a nice kick, use different shapes of pasta, you name it.
- 8oz dry spaghetti pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1lb chicken breast, cubed into bite-size
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (300gr) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil, or basil paste
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta al dante according to package directions. (Make sure to generously salt the water.) Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water. Drain, but do not rinse.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add chicken breast, salt and pepper, and cook for about 6 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Stir in tomatoes, garlic and basil. Cook for about a minute.
- Add drained pasta and toss well. Add about 1/4 cup of reserved pasta water, more if needed.
- Serve immediately topped with parmesan cheese.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 450 Calories
- Total Fat: 12.4g
- Cholesterol: 86.3mg
- Sodium: 725.7mg
- Carbohydrates: 47.5g
- Protein: 35.9g
Light and fresh, this cherry tomato pasta with chicken is incredibly easy and quick to make. It only takes 20 minutes from start to finish, but the flavors are incredible!!! This dish is a proof that simple doesn’t mean bland for sure.
Cherry tomatoes are sweet and delicious all year round, which makes this dish possible any time of the year.
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe and fall in love with this dish.
This pasta dish is kid-friendly and picky-eaters-approved. My toddler gobbles it up in no time and no begging is required!
Also, this pasta dish is super adaptable, so you don’t get bored with the same old. (Because, you know, it’ll be in your weekly rotation once you try it!)
Here’re some ideas for you to change things up:
- Use different shapes of pasta, and/or different kinds of pasta, like whole grain, lentil pasta, etc.
- Add pesto instead of basil for even more flavor!
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes for a nice kick.
- Instead of chicken, use shrimp!
- Garnish with toasted pine nuts, fresh mozzarella balls, or ricotta.
If you make this recipe, please leave a review. Also how would you adapt next time? Share your delicious variations below in the comments.