This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Angel hair pasta, cooked according to box directions, for serving
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes, or until nice and fragrant.
- Add shrimp and salt. Cook for couple minutes, until they just turn pink, turning them once half way.
- Add the remaining butter and wine. Continue to cook until shrimp are opaque, stirring frequently, about 3-4 minutes. Don’t overcook them, or they’ll become tough and chewy.
- If serving with pasta, remove the shrimp onto a plate and add cooked pasta into a skillet. Stir the pasta in the remaining sauce and serve.