Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers
Preparing the marinade and chicken the night before will save you lots of time on a busy weeknight. It’ll only take minutes to get the dinner on the table. Incredibly easy and adaptable, this sweet and spicy chicken skewers recipe will sure satisfy everyone’s hunger!
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger (or fresh ginger paste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1lb (500gr) skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- Wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30min
- To make the sauce, in a small bowl, whisk together garlic, honey, olive oil, Sriracha, soy sauce, ginger, black pepper and salt.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, about 1-inch.
- To marinade the chicken, place the chicken in a ziplock bag and pour in the marinade. Squeeze out as much air as possible and zip the bag. Marinate for at least an hour, or overnight in the fridge.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This prevents the skewers from burning.
- To cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Thread the marinated chicken cubes in the skewers, about 4-5 pieces on each.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, drizzle olive oil and arrange the chicken skewers on it.
- Put the leftover marinade into a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the sauce is reduced by half, 3-5 minutes.
- Brush on the reduced sauce on the chicken and bake it until fully cooked, 15-20 minutes, turning and brushing on the sauce half way.
*Adjust Sriracha amount to your taste. If you’re sensitive to heat, start with ½ tablespoon and go from there.
Grilling Instructions: Preheat the grill to medium high. Place the skewers on grill, and cook until chicken is cooked through, turning them frequently with a kitchen tong, 15-20 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size:
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 253 Calories
- Total Fat: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 82.7mg
- Sodium: 703.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 21.9g
- Sugar: 18.9g
- Protein: 26.7g
Step by step visuals: