This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Chicken skewers smothered in honey sriracha marinade – deliciously fun weeknight dinner! Preparing the marinade and chicken the night before will save you lots of time on a busy weeknight. It’ll only take minutes to get the dinner on the table.
- Chicken – You can totally use dark cuts for this recipe, but I usually use boneless, skinless chicken breast, because it cooks fast!
- Garlic and ginger add so much flavor to this chicken dish.
- Honey is also essential ingredient for the sauce. I highly recommend using raw honey, as it’s more flavorful and natural. (Did you know regular commercial honey in the grocery stores is more honey-flavored corn syrup than honey? Check out the ingredient list!)
- Soy sauce – I use regular Kikkoman’s All-Purpose soy sauce. This informative article talks about different types of soy sauce.
- Sriracha adds that nice kick! But as mentioned above, you can completely omit it to keep it kid-friendly.
- Garnishes, like lime and cilantro, add great flavor, but completely optional.
How to make this recipe:
Honestly, this’s hardly a recipe. I basically mix a quick marinade (omit sriracha, if you’re cooking for kids), marinate the chicken pieces in the said sauce and/or air-fry them.
What to serve with sweet & spicy chicken:
These chicken skewers are so versatile and pairs perfectly with pretty much anything.
Here’re my top suggestions:
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Quinoa or pearl couscous
- Cucumber mango salad
- Or serve it as an appetizer with lime wedges
Honey Sriracha Chicken Skewers
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha, Note 1:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon freshly grated ginger, or fresh ginger paste
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1.5 lb chicken breast, skinless
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or olive oil spray
- Chopped cilantro, for serving
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- To make the marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, Sriracha, soy sauce, ginger and garlic.
- Cut the chicken into small cubes, about 1-inch.
- To marinade the chicken, place the chicken in a ziplock bag and pour in the marinade. Squeeze out as much air as possible and zip the bag. Marinate for at least an hour, or overnight in the fridge.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for at least 30 minutes. This prevents the skewers from burning.
- To cook the chicken, preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Thread the marinated chicken cubes in the skewers, about 4-5 pieces on each.
- Line a baking sheet with foil, drizzle olive oil and arrange the chicken skewers on it.
- Bake the chicken skewers until fully cooked, about 15 minutes, turning half way through.
- Serve with fresh cilantro.