This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Smothered in sticky sweet beer BBQ sauce, these Instant Pot meatballs and rice is a satisfying dinner for the whole family in less than 30 minutes. Another complete meal in an Instant Pot!
Sweet and savory beer BBQ meatballs and fluffy white rice, all cooked in Instant Pot at the same time!
These sweet and tangy meatballs are a perfect weeknight meal!
Meatballs go on the bottom, then a bowl of rice is placed on a trivet over the meatballs. Set the pressure cooker for 5 minutes and wait until “dinner is ready”-beep.
I took this beer bbq meatballs recipe and converted into an Instant Pot complete meal. This beer BBQ sauce is sweet and sticky, and absolutely addicting!
You can totally use homemade meatballs, but in a pinch, store-bought meatballs work great too!
We’ll use cornstarch slurry to thicken the sauce!
Instant Pot Beer BBQ Meatballs and Rice
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 28 oz homestyle meatballs, frozen and fully-cooked
- 1 cup beer, I use golden ale
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Place the rice in an oven-safe bowl. (Make sure the bowl is big enough for rice to expand.)
- Add 1 cup of water and stir in olive oil and salt.
- Place the frozen meatballs in inner pot of Instant Pot.
- Pour in the beer and bbq sauce.
- Put a trivet over the meatballs and place the bowl with rice on top.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to “sealing”.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook/Manual for 5 minutes on high. (NOTE: It took 15 minutes for my IP to come to pressure.)
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then carefully turn the valve to venting. Once the pin drops, carefully open the lid.
- Using silicone mitts, carefully take the bowl with rice out. Fluff it with a fork. Remove trivet.
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté.
- In a small dish, mix together cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water.
- Once the meatball sauce start bubbling, stir in cornstarch slurry, and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve the meatballs over rice. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.If you tried this recipe, I’d love to read your feedback. Please leave your comment and rating below, or share on Instagram with #busycooks and tag us @busy_cooks. Thank you!!