Cooking these cheesy bacon ranch potatoes in Instant Pot truly cuts down on cooking time, requiring only about 10 minutes of hands-on time. With only 4 main ingredients, you know it’s going to be your favorite side dish to fix! And it’ll be a hit every time you serve it.
Speedy Tips for Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes:
- Electric pressure cooker, such as Instant Pot, really cuts down on cooking time when it comes to this delicious comfort side dish. As you know regular baked ranch potatoes take at least an hour to bake, and slow cooker version requires an advance planning. But with this recipe, you can decide to cook this potato side dish at the last minute, because it’ll be ready in less than 30 minutes, which includes the time for pressure cooker to come to pressure, mostly hands-off time. In my case, it took about 12 minutes to come to pressure.
- Only 4 simple main ingredients: potatoes, bacon, cheese and ranch dressing! I’m sure you’ll find these ingredients in your kitchen any given time!
- And you don’t need to peel them potatoes, just scrub it well, give rough chop and you’re good to go!
- If using pre-cooked bacon, I suggest adding about 1 tablespoon of oil or butter to compensate for bacon fat. And if you save your bacon fat in a jar, like I do, you can use that too!
- I don’t suggest adding more than 1/3 cup of water, because potatoes tend to overcook, which yields more like loaded mashed potatoes, instead of chunks of potato. 🙂
Instant Pot Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 2 lb red potatoes, scrubbed
- 3 bacon strips
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Ranch dressing
- Cut the potatoes into about 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Set the Instant Pot to “Sauté” and add bacon. Cook until nice and crisp. (TIP: If you have too much stuff stuck on the bottom of the pot, add 1/4 cup of water and scrape it to deglaze the bottom.)
- Stir in potatoes, dried parsley, garlic powder and salt.
- Add 1/3 cup of water. (If you have 8qt Instant Pot, add 1/2 cup of water.)
- Set the Instant Pot to Manual for 7 minutes at high pressure. (NOTE: It took about 12 minutes for my Instant Pot to come to pressure.)
- Do quick release the pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Add ranch dressing and cheese and stir to combine. Serve immediately.If you tried this recipe, I'd love to read your feedback.
- Please leave your comment and rating below, or share on Instagram with #busycooks and tag us @busy_cooks. Thank you!!
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.