Instant Pot Egg Salad
No peeling, no chopping! This Instant Pot Egg Salad comes together fast and easy in less than 30 minutes! This satisfying classic egg salad, loaded with flavors and textures, is going to be your new favorite thing to cook in your Instant Pot!
- 6 large eggs
- ½ medium celery, finely chopped
- 1 pickle, finely chopped
- ¼ cup mayo
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Bread for serving, if desired
- Spray an oven-safe pan that fits inside your Instant Pot with a cooking spray. (I used 7-inch cake pan in my 6qt Instant Pot.)
- Crack the eggs into the prepared pan.
- Pour 1-2 cups of water into the inner pot of Instant Pot and place a trivet. (1 cup of water in 6qt IP, and 2 cups in 8qt IP.)
- Now carefully lower the pan with eggs.
- Cover and make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook/Manual for 5 minutes on high. (NOTE: It took 6 minutes for my IP to come to pressure.)
- Once the time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for 3 minutes, and then carefully turn the valve to venting. Once the pin drops, carefully open the lid.
- Remove the pan with eggs and invert it onto a cooling rack. Cool completely.
- To chop the eggs, place a cooling rack over a bowl and push the egg through the rack, as pictured below. Or you can simply chop it with a knife.
- Add the remaining egg salad ingredients and mix well.
- Serve with bread, or eat it by spoon.
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 244 Calories
- Total Fat: 18g
- Cholesterol: 284.8mg
- Sodium: 526.2mg
- Carbohydrates: 9.7g
- Sugar: 7.9g
- Protein: 10.1g
The Instant Pot egg cooking method is inspired by Simply Happy Foodie.All images and text ©
A good egg salad starts with perfectly cooked eggs. But if you own an Instant Pot, you’re in luck, because there’s a way to cook those perfect hard-boiled eggs without peeling and chopping! Woo-hoo!
Get ready to devour egg salad in an instant! You only need 20 minutes from start to finish.
Since pictures worth thousand words…
This classic egg salad calls for usual suspects, like celery, pickle, mayo, chives, and mustard. I think these are absolutely necessary ingredients for well-rounded flavor and texture.
- Finely chopped celery for texture.
- Pickle adds a nice tang.
- Mayo makes the salad so incredibly creamy.
- It’s not an egg salad without a good dash of mustard!
- In place of onion, use fresh chives.
From here on, you can add whatever add-ons you like.
Here are some suggestions:
- Red onion
- Bell pepper
- Curry powder
- Fresh dill
- Turmeric powder