This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
These easy chicken fingers are crispy, juicy and SO addicting!! They’re popular with adults and kids alike! This’s my mother-in-laws recipe and you’re going to LOVE her genius trick to bread the chicken tenders without dirtying bunch of dishes! Juicy, crispy chicken fingers have never been so EASY!!
I’m SO excited to share my mother-in-laws’ famous chicken fingers!! All her 4 grandkids absolutely love these chickens, and I simply had to learn it from her.
And lucky for us, she’s all about easy cooking! You’re going to LOVE her genius trick to coating the chicken tenders!!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN FINGERS:
Here’re my favorite ways to serve these crispy bites of chicken:
Mom’s Easy Chicken Fingers
- 1 sleeve crackers, Note 1
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1/4 cup buttermilk, Note 2
- 3 tablespoons oil, for frying
- In a small food processor, crush the crackers. (Alternatively, you can place the crackers in a ziplock bag and crush the crackers with a rolling pin.) And then add salt and parsley and mix to combine. Transfer the seasoned crushed crackers into a ziplock bag.
- In a shallow dish, pour buttermilk and add chicken tenders. Toss to combine. Using a pair of kitchen tongs, transfer the chicken into the bag with crushed crackers, shaking off the excess buttermilk. Close the bag and toss around until the all the chicken is well coated.
- Heat a large stainless steel, or cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add half of the oil.
- When oil is shimmering, add half of the chicken one by one, shaking off excess breading, into the skillet. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until nice and golden. Turn and cook for about 2-3 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken fingers onto a baking sheet with wire rack. Continue with remaining oil and chicken. (TIP: If needed, wipe the skillet with paper towel to remove any burned pieces before cooking the next batch of chicken.)