Pesto Tortellini with Roasted Veggies
Roasting mushrooms and cherry tomatoes before tossing with tortellini adds more flavor to this quick meal with very little extra work. And of course, pesto brings everything together with its wonderful herby bright flavors!
- 8oz sliced mushrooms
- 12oz cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 20oz tortellini (refrigerated or frozen)
- 1/3 cup basil pesto sauce
- Grated parmesan for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a medium bowl, combine mushrooms, tomatoes, olive oil, pressed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with silicone mat or foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain the water.
- Add roasted mushrooms and tomatoes into the pot with tortellini.
- Mix in pesto and stir well. Top with grated parmesan, if desired, and serve immediately
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 623 Calories
- Total Fat: 28.3g
- Cholesterol: 42.9mg
- Sodium: 1083.8mg
- Carbohydrates: 73.5g
- Sugar: 4.9g
- Protein: 22.2g