Surprisingly quick and easy, these ultra-crispy (thanks to light Panko breadcrumbs) chicken cutlets are perfect weeknight dinner for the whole family to enjoy!
Why you’ll love this recipe:
Butterflying chicken breasts ensures juicy and tender meat, because evenly cut chicken cooks faster and more evenly.
Panko makes super light and crispy crust.
Serve these crispy chicken with a side of pearl couscous and fresh salad for a complete meal under 30 minutes!
Kids absolute devour these crispy chicken, because they’re irresistibly crispy, just like their favorite chicken nuggets!
3 TIPS FOR THE BEST CHICKEN CUTLETS:
- Butterfly chicken breast, or buy thin chicken cutlets – Thin, evenly cut chicken breast cooks faster and more evenly, preventing the meat from drying out.
- Make sure to preheat the skillet and then oil well before adding the chicken – When you add the breaded cutlets into the hot oil, they crisp up beautifully. Otherwise, panko will absorb the oil and will get soggy.
- Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness – No more guessing game when it comes to cooking meat. A good meat thermometer is a valuable investment that you’ll be using again and again!
WHAT TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN CUTLETS:
These breaded chicken breasts are such a versatile main dish that goes well with pretty much anything.
But here’re a few of my favorite side dishes to pair with these crispy chicken breasts:
Quick & Easy Chicken Cutlets
- 2 chicken breasts boneless and skinless
- 2-3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten (or ½ cup buttermilk)
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups panko
- 6 tablespoons oil
- To butterfly chicken breasts: Cut each chicken breast horizontally into 2 equal chicken cutlets. If needed, cover each cutlet with a plastic and pound until nice and even. You should have about ¾-1-inch thick cutlets. Pat dry the cutlets with a paper towel.
- To bread chicken breasts: In 3 shallow plates, put flour, eggs and panko. Stir in salt to the eggs.
- Dip each chicken cutlet in flour first, shaking off excess flour. Then dip it in eggs, and finish in the panko. Press the panko well on each side. Continue with the remaining chicken cutlets and arrange them on a sheet.
- To cook: Heat a large (12-inch) skillet over medium high heat.
- Add 3 tablespoons of oil and heat it as well.
- Once the oil is shimmering, add 2 breaded chicken cutlets. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until nice golden brown crust forms. Then flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until nice crust forms.
- Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. Remove the chicken once the internal temperature reach 165°F. Place on a baking sheet lined with wire rack. Serve immediately.
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
Stay connected and join Busy Cooks community:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
Comments + Reviews