This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
These baked salmon skewers are tasty 30-minute weeknight dinner. It’s so fun, kids absolutely adore it too! The taste of fresh bold honey sesame sauce is just so good!
Cutting salmon into small cubes helps to cut down on marinating and cooking time.
- Salmon – There’re so many varieties of salmon on the market, it can totally be overwhelming. I love using sockeye, coho or pink salmon for this recipe. Learn the difference between salmon varieties here.
- Honey – Honey adds such a great flavor to this marinade. And I highly recommend using a high quality, raw honey. Most supermarket jars of honey are mixed with corn syrup and lack the true honey flavor!
How to make this recipe:
To make the marinade, mix together honey, garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, paprika, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
Then, cut salmon filet into 1-inch cubes. Anything smaller, salmon may overcook quickly. Try to keep the salmon piece as uniform size as possible for even cooking.
Then pour the marinade over the salmon chunks. I like to use ziplock bag for this step, but you can also use a glass bowl with a lid. Let the salmon marinate for at least15 minutes, or preferably 2 hours.
And lastly, the fun starts! Thread salmon onto skewers and bake for 10 minutes in the oven at 400°F, or 8 minutes in an Air Fryer at 375°F. It takes less time to cook salmon in an air fryer because it’s small and much more efficient!
Which skewers can I use?
You can choose between wooden or metal skewers. If you make kebabs often, I suggest buying a set of metal skewers. But if you don’t use them frequently wood skewers work well too!
How to prepare wooden skewers:
- Fill a large casserole dish with warm water. Casserole dish works great, because it’s flat and large.
- Place the skewers in and soak them for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove from water and you can then begin threading your marinaded salmon kabobs.
Should I bake the fish covered or uncovered?
It’s best to cook these baked kebabs uncovered. If you cover the salmon kebabs with foil they tend to steam.
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do! Let me know once you’ve tried it by leaving a comment below or sharing a photo and tagging @busy_cooks on Instagram!
Baked Salmon Skewers
- 2 lbs skinless salmon filet, Note 1
- ¼ cup raw honey, Note 2
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Black and white sesame seeds, optional
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the salmon into 1-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Put the cubed salmon in a large ziploc bag and add the marinade. Close the bag, squeezing the air out.
- Gently toss everything so that each salmon piece is coated in the sauce. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Thread salmon pieces onto prepared skewers and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until opaque and cooked through.
- Or, cook it for 8 minutes in an Air Fryer at 375°F. It takes less time to cook salmon in an air fryer because it's small and much more efficient!