Baked Salmon Skewers
Cutting salmon into small cubes helps cut down on marinating and cooking time. Baked salmon skewers are also fun to serve. Fresh bold honey sesame sauce is just an icing!
- 2lbs skinless salmon filet
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Black and white sesame seeds, optional
- 10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the salmon into 1-inch cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, garlic, lemon juice, sesame oil, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Put the cubed salmon in a large ziploc bag and add the marinade. Close the bag, squeezing the air out.
- Gently toss everything so that each salmon piece is coated in the sauce. Let marinate for at least 15 minutes, or up to 2 hours.
- Thread salmon pieces onto prepared skewers and arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until opaque and cooked through.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, if you have some. Serve immediately with rice, or quinoa, and/or steamed vegetables.
Grilling Instructions: Preheat the grill to medium heat. Place the skewers on grill, and cook the salmon until it’s opaque and cooked through, about 8 minutes, turning them half way with a kitchen tong.
Yield: 5 servings, Serving Size: 2 skewers
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 538 Calories
- Total Fat: 17.3g
- Cholesterol: 92.7mg
- Sodium: 395.9mg
- Carbohydrates: 52.9g
- Sugar: 15.9g
- Protein: 48.5g