This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Savory French Toasts
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh parsley leaves
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream, or half and half, or milk
- ½ cup 50gr grated cheese of your choice (I use cheddar cheese)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, vegetable oil or bacon grease
- 10 slices of French bread
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ lime
- To make french toasts, chop parsley into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy whipping cream, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a large skillet (I used 12-inch non-stick skillet) over medium high heat.
- Dip bread slices in the egg mixture one at a time, piercing with a fork to thoroughly soak bread slices inside.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Place 4-5 dipped bread slices in hot skillet and cook until golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 2-3 minutes. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.
- To make the topping, halve the cherry tomatoes and cut avocado into small pieces.
- Combine tomatoes and avocado in a small bowl and drizzle with lime juice.
- Serve french toasts warm topped with tomato avocado topping.
Don’t we all sometimes just want to eat breakfast for dinner?
Frittata and quiche are great options for breakfast for dinner. But what if you don’t have time or will to bake a quiche? And you aren’t really sold on sweet dinner either.
Well, try some savory french toasts!!
These may sound super weird, but trust me they won’t disappoint!
Yes, we won’t be having a pool of maple syrup with these french toasts, but who can say no to CHEESE?!
My mom used to make this for us when we were kids. Minus the cheese, because cheese wasn’t very common in Mongolia back then. I didn’t know what to call this, but the concept is pretty similar to french toast, so I’m calling these cheesy french toasts. You cool?
And because naked french toasts are borderline boring, I dressed mine up with light and fresh tomato avocado topping. It’s colorful, nutritious and filling! Perfect dinner, if you ask me! My toddler also approved this!!