This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
30-Minute Fettuccini Alfredo
- 8 oz Fettuccini pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 oz whipped cream cheese, I used Philadelphia brand in a tub
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk, I use whole milk, but any kind will work
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 oz smoked salmon, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- To cook pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- To make the Alfredo sauce, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add whipped cream cheese, garlic and garlic powder. Whisk until everything is combined and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In 2-cup measuring cup, combine heavy cream and milk and slowly stir into the cream cheese mixture, whisking constantly. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and continue to cook until desired thickness. (Note: the sauce thickens rather quickly. If the sauce thickened too much, add a bit of milk to thin it.)
- Add pasta, smoked salmon, parsley and lemon juice. Toss everything until well combined. Serve immediately.