30-Minute Fettuccini Alfredo
Perfect comfort food during the week! This quick and easy Alfredo sauce from scratch is incredibly creamy and flavorful. Don’t forget that lemon juice at the end, it makes all the difference! Oh, and if you’d like you can easily swap smoked salmon for some leftover chicken.
- 8oz Fettuccini pasta
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4oz whipped cream cheese (I used Philadelphia brand in a tub)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk (I use whole milk, but any kind will work)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese*
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8oz smoked salmon, chopped into small pieces
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- To cook pasta, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- To make the Alfredo sauce, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add whipped cream cheese, garlic and garlic powder. Whisk until everything is combined and smooth, about 2 minutes.
- In 2-cup measuring cup, combine heavy cream and milk and slowly stir into the cream cheese mixture, whisking constantly. Bring it to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and continue to cook until desired thickness. (Note: the sauce thickens rather quickly. If the sauce thickened too much, add a bit of milk to thin it.)
- Add pasta, smoked salmon, parsley and lemon juice. Toss everything until well combined. Serve immediately.
* I don’t recommend powdered parmesan cheese for this recipe. For best result, buy grated parmesan cheese from the refrigerated section.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 528 Calories
- Total Fat: 29.6g
- Cholesterol: 88.7mg
- Sodium: 1080mg
- Carbohydrates: 48.5g
- Sugar: 5.5g
- Protein: 18.9g