This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
This vegetable fried rice is definitely not your typical fried rice, but you’ll sure be begging for seconds!
Vegetable Fried Rice
- 1 small sweet potato, or 1 large carrot
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 scallions
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup frozen edamame
- 1 tablespoon regular soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Salt to taste
- Grate sweet potato, or carrot on box grater.
- Dice the zucchini and slice the scallions.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add garlic and white part of scallions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add sweet potato. Cook until sweet potato is softened, 3-5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in zucchini and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add cooked rice, edamame and green part of scallions and stir.
- Add soy sauce and sesame oil and cook for about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Salt to taste.
Who said fried rice has to have carrots and peas? Update your usual fried rice game by swapping carrots and peas with sweet potatoes and edamame for this delightful vegetable fried rice!
This colorful and flavorful vegetable fried rice will leave you full and satisfied with minimum effort and clean-up! Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it?
Yeah, this fresh, flavorful vegetarian fried rice is a perfect side dish to any meal.
And in case you’re wondering you don’t need a wok to make a tasty fried rice. In fact, it’s proven that a good old non-stick skillet is ideal for making a fluffy fried rice.