This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
We all know salmon and lemon are match made in heaven. But did you know salmon and mayo combo is even better?
The baked salmon comes out so velvety soft and flavorful, you don’t even need to add anything else.
Easy 2-Ingredient Baked Salmon
- 1 lb skinless salmon filet
- 2-3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper, about 1/2 teaspoon of each
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with a parchment paper, or silicone mat.
- Cut the salmon into about 2-inch cubes.
- In a medium bowl, combine salmon cubes and mayonnaise.
- Spread the salmon on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until salmon is cooked through.
- Serve with cooked rice, steamed vegetables and fresh scallions, if desired.
I’m so excited to share this easy baked salmon recipe with you today!
Umm, a little embarrassing to call this a recipe though. But I’ve made it countless times and it’s been a huge hit in our family.
Well, I should say it was.
You see, whenever I’m short on time, groceries and/or motivation (which is always!), salmon is my go-to dinner. It’s quick, it’s delicious, and it’s healthy!
And with only 2 ingredients, can you blame me for making it too often?
Yeah, I overdid it on serving this easy baked salmon to my family. And my toddler decided he doesn’t like salmon anymore. Hope it’s temporary, because this mama isn’t into cooking separate meals for the kiddos.
There’s something magical in coating salmon bites in mayo. I don’t know what’s the magic, but the baked salmon comes out velvety soft and so flavorful with such little effort.
I know, this isn’t the healthiest salmon recipe, but a little bit of mayo won’t hurt, right? And the result is simply amazing!
Once you try this basic version, do experiment with adding new flavors, so you don’t get bored too soon.
Here’re some ideas for you to add in your next baked salmon:
- Soy sauce (about a teaspoon or so)
- Sesame oil and sesame seeds.
- Hot sauce!!!
- Minced garlic and/or garlic powder
And if you have other flavor ideas, do share in the comments!