Seriously easy and delicious, these pulled pork quesadillas are my favorite way to use up leftover pulled pork! A perfect cook once, eat twice meal!
Half-circle quesadillas make it easy to flip and holds all the filling in place! And buttering the pan ensures beautiful golden and crispy crust with irresistible nutty flavor!
I love making a big batch of my Instant Pot Pulled Pork, because I get to enjoy these super quick and easy pulled pork quesadillas for lunches and dinners!!!
To make killer pulled pork quesadillas, all you need is:
- Butter: I recommend using a cold stick of butter to butter the skillet. It adds irresistible nutty flavor!
- Flour tortillas: I like to use 8-inch tortillas, but you can use 10-inch tortillas as well. Just make sure to increase the filling accordingly. Also, I recommend flour tortillas over corn tortillas.
- Cheese: You can use any blend of cheese. I like the combination of Monterey Jack and sharp cheddar. Monterey Jack melts nicely, and sharp cheddar adds great flavor!
- Pulled pork: I use bbq pulled pork for my quesadillas. If using leftover pulled pork, reheat it in a microwave for a minute. Warm pulled pork is easier to spread.
Ingredient amounts are only suggestions; feel free to adjust to your liking. Have all the ingredients gathered by the stove before starting, as you’ll be building your quesadillas right in the skillet.
While I provided measurements for the ingredients, I typically eyeball everything. Feel free to do the same. Just don’t overfill the quesadillas, and you’ll be good!
- Fresh cilantro
- Corn kernels
How to Make Quesadillas:
- Butter a hot skillet all over.
- Assemble quesadillas right in the skillet in half-circle shape.
- Cook for about 2 minutes on each side, or until nice and golden.
- Cut each quesadilla into triangles and serve with salsa and sour cream for dipping.
Nothing beats that addicting crispy crust, ooey-gooey cheese and rich pulled pork!
These quesadillas pair perfectly with this simple corn salsa!
Easy Pulled Pork Quesadillas
- 1 cup leftover pulled pork
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 8-inch flour tortillas Note 1
- 2/3 cup grated mixed cheese Note 2
- Chopped fresh cilantro optional
- Sour cream
- Lightly reheat the leftover pulled pork in a microwave. (It doesn’t have to be piping hot. Warm pulled pork is easier to spread.)
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Lightly sweep butter all over the bottom of the skillet, as pictured below. (TIP: Use a cold stick of butter.)
- Place 2 tortillas side by side, creating half circles with each tortilla.
- On one half of each tortilla, sprinkle 1-2 tablespoons of cheese, then about ¼ cup of pulled pork, fresh cilantro, if using, and another 1-2 tablespoons of cheese. Fold other half of the tortilla over the filling.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the bottom of the tortilla is golden brown and crispy. Slide a spatula under the quesadilla from the folded side and flip. If needed, you can butter the skillet again when you lift the quesadilla before flipping. Cook for another minute or two, or until nice and golden.
- Continue with the remaining quesadillas. Cut the quesadillas into triangles and serve immediately with salsa and sour cream for dipping.
* Disclaimer: All nutrition information are estimates only. Read full nutrition disclosure.
Sharing of this recipe is encouraged and appreciated. Copying of full recipe to any social media is prohibited.
Stay connected and join Busy Cooks community:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
Comments + Reviews