This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
This easy corn fritters recipe makes delicately light and crisp fritters, studded with plenty of fresh sweet corns. All you need is simple ingredients and ONE bowl. Easy to customize, this simple recipe can be adapted to any which way:
- Swap cilantro for any herb you like.
- Fresh parsley, chives, green onion, minced red onion are all great alternatives.
And made with light batter, you’ll love how sweet and crunchy corn truly shines in this deliciously easy side dish.
Easy Corn Fritters Recipe
- 3 cups sweet corn kernels, 4 ears of corn
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Vegetable, or canola oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, flour, cilantro, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. (I use 12-inch nonstick skillet pan.) Add oil enough to cover the bottom of the pan and heat it until nice and hot.
- Drop about 6 fritters into the hot skillet, about ¼ cup of corn mixture for each fritter, and flatten them a bit.
- Cook the fritters until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the fritters and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer fritters onto baking sheet lined with wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, keep the fritters warm in oven at 200°F so that the texture stays nice and crisp on the outside.
This quick and easy corn fritters recipe is a keeper!
At the end of every summer, we go through dozens and dozens of fresh sweet corn. First, we enjoy corn-on-cob non-stop, then it kind of gets old. At that time, I start making these delicately crispy corn fritters.
The fresh kernels are still star of the show, but they make very satisfying snack or lunch!
CORN FRITTER INGREDIENTS:
So, for these con fritters, you only need a few simple ingredients.
Technically, all you need is corn, flour, eggs, salt and a little bit of oil for frying.
Then you can add more seasonings and herbs to your liking. And because I love fresh cilantro, that’s my go-to herb.
But parsley works wonderfully too.
As for corn, I recommend fresh corn, but canned corn works too. I don’t recommend frozen corn due to excessive moisture content.
HOW TO MAKE CORN FRITTERS:
It’s so easy to make corn fritters with fresh sweet corn. Everything comes together in one bowl and then pan-fried to golden crisp perfection!
- Step 1. Prepare the corn. To cut off the corn kernels, I like to use a bundt pan and a very sharp pairing knife. Set the corn vertically in the middle of the pan, as shown below, and cut down the kernels starting from the top. The pan will catch all the kernels without making a mess.
- Step 2. Combine all the ingredients except for eggs. TIP: Combine the dry ingredients first before adding the egg to ensure evenly seasoned mixture.
- Step 3. Then add the eggs until combined.
- Step 4. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and then add oil.
- Step 5. Once the oil is nice and hot, drop ¼ cup of batter and cook for about 4 minutes, flipping over half way.
TIP: Use a large cookie scoop for uniform fritters. It’s also quick and easy to drop the batter in hot oil.
CORN FRITTERS FAQ
Now that you know how to make perfect corn fritters, let me adress some of your questions.
What are corn fritters made of?
- Simply put, corn fritters are small cakes made of sweet corn kernels drenched in batter and fried in shallow oil.
All you need sweet corn, flour, eggs, salt and a little bit of oil for frying
What’s the difference between hush puppies and corn fritters?
- In a nutshell, hushpuppies are made of corn flour, while corn fritters are made of whole corn kernels.
Why are my fritters soggy?
- When the batter has too much moisture, the fritters may come out soggy. Also cooking the fritters on higher heat helps to create nice crisp exterior.
How do you reheat corn fritters?
- To reheat leftover corn fritters, warm up a skillet over medium heat and add the fritters to the hot pan. Cook until heated through, flipping them over half way though.
- I don’t recommend microwaving fritters as they’ll come out soggy.
How do you keep fritters crispy?
- Keep the fritters on a wire rack to maintain the crisp texture longer. If not serving right away, keep them in a warm oven at 200°F.
How do you serve corn fritters?
- These corn fritters are especially good when served with barbecue meats, like these bbq ribs, or smoked beef brisket.
This recipe was originally published on September 10th, 2018, and last updated on May 7th, 2020.