Easy Fresh Corn Fritters
Light and crisp, these fresh corn fritters are made with fresh sweet corns in ONE bowl. Easy to customize, this simple recipe can be adapted to any which way. Swap cilantro for any herb you like. Fresh parsley, chives, green onion, minced red onion are all great alternatives. And because these sweet corn fritters are light on flour and egg, sweet and crunchy corn truly shines in this deliciously easy side dish.
- 3 cups sweet corn kernels (4 ears of corn)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Vegetable, or canola oil for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, flour, cilantro, salt and pepper until well combined.
- Add beaten eggs and mix well.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. (I use 12-inch nonstick skillet pan.) Add oil enough to cover the bottom of the pan and heat it until nice and hot.
- Drop about 6 fritters into the hot skillet, about ¼ cup of corn mixture for each fritter, and flatten them a bit. (I love to use this large cookie scoop for uniform fritters.)
- Cook the fritters until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the fritters and cook for another 2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Transfer fritters onto baking sheet lined with wire rack. Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Serve immediately. If not serving immediately, keep the fritters warm in oven at 200°F so that the texture stays nice and crisp on the outside.
Yield: 12 large fritters, Serving Size: 1 fritter
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 186 Calories
- Total Fat: 15.3g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
- Sodium: 211.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Sugar: 2.3g
- Protein: 2.8g
This quick and easy corn fritter recipe is a keeper!
The juicy crisp corn kernels are the star of this side dish thanks to minimal amount of flour and eggs.
It’s so easy to make corn fritters with fresh sweet corn. Everything comes together in one bowl and then pan-fried to golden crisp perfection!