Is your beloved Le Creuset dutch oven stained from all the searing, browning, stewing and braising? Let’s bring the sparkling clean interior back with this super easy method! No overnight soaking, no boiling vinegar!
I know, I know. My Dutch oven looks horrific! Can you tell I’ve been braising stews and roasts all winter long?
And it brings such a satisfaction to finally clean it and bring that “naked” look back.
Luckily, it takes very little elbow grease and simple ingredients that you probably have on hand. And for the record, this’s not my everyday cleaning method. I usually thoroughly wash and clean my pot after every use with just a dish soap and sponge.
But every once in a while, I get stains build up over time. And do a deep clean like this maybe in once year or so.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO CLEAN YOUR DUTCH OVEN?
- Baking soda
- Sponge and/or scrubber
- Now if your stains are light, you can cover the area with a baking soda and add a little water to create a paste.
- Let it sit for 30-60 minutes and wash it with a sponge. Everything will wipe away revealing beautiful clean surface.
However, if your pot has heavy built-on stains, we’ll need an extra step.
- Instead of making a paste, we’ll add about an inch of water. Bring it a boil over medium heat and then simmer for a few minutes. And then turn off the heat and let it cool completely.
- Once cooled, wash it with a sponge.
- If you still have stubborn stain left, sprinkle more baking soda and a bit of water to make a paste and scrub it with a sponge or scrubber.
DISCLAIMER: I know, it’s not advised to use abrasive scrubber, but I’ve used it on my enameled dutch oven about 3 times total in 7 years of owning this pot. And I have no problem whatsoever!
Ta-da! Nice and clean Dutch oven ready to be used again for all the stews and pot roasts!
Got more pans to clean?
Stay connected and join Busy Cooks community:
FACEBOOK | PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM
I had to do it twice since my pan was so dirty but it worked and it looks so much better. It does take a bit of effort. I gently boiled the water with baking soda for about 30 minutes.
Lloyd Tabor says
Except that it doesn’t work.
I agree…. It doesn’t work.