Instant Pot Risotto with Mushrooms
Luxuriously creamy Instant Pot risotto with mushrooms require minimum stirring and comes together quick and easy! Endless possibilities to customize it for your family.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 5oz sliced portabella mushroom
- 1 ½ cups Arborio rice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Set the Instant Pot to sear and add olive oil and melt the butter in the pot.
- Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and cook softened, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice and toast lightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until almost evaporated, 1 minute or so.
- Add 3 ½ cups of broth and give it a good stir, scraping up the bottom.
- Close the lid.
- Set Instant Pot to manual and set the timer to 6 minutes. Do a quick release pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Stir in parmesan cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If needed, add the reserved broth to achieve the desired consistency.
This recipe has been tested in my favorite Instant Pot DUO 6qt.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 554 Calories
- Total Fat: 13.2g
- Cholesterol: 20.1mg
- Sodium: 485.6mg
- Carbohydrates: 93.1g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 19.4g
Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated.All images and text ©
Instant Pot Risotto Tips:
- What is the best rice for risotto? Arborio is the most common short-grain rice for risotto that is high in starch, which makes the risotto creamy and thick. You can’t substitute long grain rice, such as jasmine, for risotto. It just won’t work. With regular long grain rice, you won’t get that quintessential creamy texture of risotto.
- Should I wash risotto rice? No, you shouldn’t wash the arborio rice for risotto, because you need all the starch for that creamy goodness.
- How to reheat leftover risotto? Although it’s best to eat risotto right away, there is a little trick to revive leftover risotto. Slowly reheat leftover risotto, slowly adding chicken/vegetable stock to make it creamy and saucy again.
- What are the best mushroom to use in risotto? You can use variety of mushrooms for even more robust flavor, but simple portabella, or white button mushroom are perfect for an everyday meal.
- Also, if you have leftover rotisserie chicken on hand, toss them in! It makes a great addition. Cooked shrimp and scallops make a great addition to this risotto. Just stir it in at the end.