Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs – instant comfort meal with only 3 main ingredients under 30 minutes! Your favorite jar of pasta sauce and frozen meatballs are our secret shortcut to this quick and easy one pot spaghetti meal. It’s going to be your family favorite in no time.
- 1lb meatballs (Note 1)
- 8oz spaghetti (Note 2)
- 24oz pasta sauce of your choice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Fresh basil
- Arrange meatballs in Instant Pot in one layer.
- Break spaghetti in half and arrange them over the meatballs in criss cross layers. (See image below.)
- Drizzle olive oil over spaghetti.
- Pour pasta sauce and water, making sure spaghetti is completely covered.
- Cover and set the Instant Pot to manual for 10 minutes at high pressure.
- Quick release pressure and carefully open the lid.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.
Note 1: You can use any kind of meatballs here. Beef, chicken or turkey meatballs are all great. Cooked or uncooked, fresh or frozen, it doesn’t matter. Frozen meatballs don’t need to be thawed, and uncooked meatballs don’t require more cooking time.
Note 2: You can any kind of pasta here, whole wheat, regular, gluten-free, anything. Also any shape and form works great. I mainly use spaghetti or penne for this recipe.
Yield: 4 servings, Serving Size: 1 serving
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 676 Calories
- Total Fat: 33.1g
- Cholesterol: 79.2mg
- Sodium: 1724mg
- Carbohydrates: 68g
- Sugar: 16.3g
- Protein: 26.8g
Instant Pot spaghetti and meatballs are seriously a life-saver on those super busy weeknights, when you don’t know what to cook and hungry mouths are begging for food. It’s also perfect last-minute dinner recipe that doesn’t require any prep work in advance. Just have some meatballs on hand!
3 Instant Pot Pasta Tips:
- Layer the ingredients in proper order. And place the spaghetti in criss cross layers to avoid clumps.
- Make sure the pasta is fully covered in pasta sauce and water, so it cooks evenly.
- Do quick release pressure, so that pasta doesn’t get overcooked.
Now let’s talk about the ingredients…
Only 3 main ingredients for this Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs!
- Meatballs – fresh or frozen. This’s my go-to meatballs recipe. I make a big batch and freeze them for lazy days. But you can use store-bought cooked frozen meatballs too. When using frozen meatballs, you don’t need to thaw them!!!
- Your favorite pasta sauce. You can use any kind of pasta sauce here. I like mushroom and basil pasta sauce, more flavor with less effort. Since it’s the one of 3 main ingredients, it’s important to use the sauce you truly love and enjoy.
- And finally, spaghetti. Any kind you like, whole wheat, regular, gluten-free, anything. I even use penne pasta sometimes, and it works just fine, if not better!