Instant Pot Vegetable Spaghetti
This Instant Pot Vegetable Spaghetti is a satisfying comfort food and family favorite any day. Don’t be restricted by the ingredient list, this is a great clean out your fridge meal. Use whatever vegetables you have, dice them into small pieces and voila! Your kids won’t even know they’re eating mushrooms and zucchini.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil paste* (Note 1)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8oz spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- 1 (24oz) pasta sauce
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté.
- When the display reads “HOT”, add olive oil.
- Once oil is nice and hot, add mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining vegetables (zucchini, carrots and bell pepper) and continue to cook for couple of minutes.
- Stir in basil paste and garlic.
- Make sure the bottom of the pot has nothing stuck. If there is any burned bits, or browned spots, add couple tablespoons of water to deglaze. I didn’t had to, because nothing was stuck or burned, since vegetables are high in water content and I didn’t cook the veggies for too long. But I’m emphasizing it, because this is an important step to prevent “burn” notice.
- Break spaghetti in half and layer in criss cross pattern over the vegetables.
- Add water and pasta sauce over the noodles. Do NOT stir after this point.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to “sealing”.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook/Manual for 4 minutes on high. (NOTE: It took about 14 minutes for my IP to come to pressure.)
- Do quick release by carefully turning the valve to venting. And carefully open the lid.
- Stir everything (it may look a little watery, but noodles will absorb all the sauce in just few minutes) and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
This recipe has been tested in my favorite Instant Pot DUO 6qt.
Note 1: You can use fresh basil leaves in place of basil paste.
Taking a meatless spin on our all time favorite Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs. This vegetarian spaghetti is packed with vegetables, yet so satisfying that even die-hard meat-lovers love it!
Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Vegetable Spaghetti?
- One pot dinner means less dishes! Hooray!
- It’s loaded with nutritious vegetables, but it doesn’t taste like you’re eating a salad.
- You can use any kind of vegetables you have on hand, even frozen vegetables work! Need to clean out your fridge? Then you gotta make this vegetarian spaghetti!
- Mostly hands-off cooking! If you’ve prepped the vegetables on a weekend, then it’s practically dump-and-go kind of meal. Perfect weeknight meal it is!
- And lastly, it’s going to be your family favorite! Who doesn’t love spaghetti?!