This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Instant Pot Vegetable Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 zucchini, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil paste*, Note 1
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 2 cups water
- 1 24oz pasta sauce
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, for serving
- Set the Instant Pot to Sauté.
- When the display reads “HOT”, add olive oil.
- Once oil is nice and hot, add mushrooms and sauté for about 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the remaining vegetables (zucchini, carrots and bell pepper) and continue to cook for couple of minutes.
- Stir in basil paste and garlic.
- Make sure the bottom of the pot has nothing stuck. If there is any burned bits, or browned spots, add couple tablespoons of water to deglaze. I didn’t had to, because nothing was stuck or burned, since vegetables are high in water content and I didn’t cook the veggies for too long. But I'm emphasizing it, because this is an important step to prevent “burn” notice.
- Break spaghetti in half and layer in criss cross pattern over the vegetables.
- Add water and pasta sauce over the noodles. Do NOT stir after this point.
- Close the lid and make sure the valve is set to “sealing”.
- Set the Instant Pot to Pressure Cook/Manual for 4 minutes on high. (NOTE: It took about 14 minutes for my IP to come to pressure.)
- Do quick release by carefully turning the valve to venting. And carefully open the lid.
- Stir everything (it may look a little watery, but noodles will absorb all the sauce in just few minutes) and serve with freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Taking a meatless spin on our all time favorite Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs. This vegetarian spaghetti is packed with vegetables, yet so satisfying that even die-hard meat-lovers love it!
Why you’ll love this Instant Pot Vegetable Spaghetti?
- One pot dinner means less dishes! Hooray!
- It’s loaded with nutritious vegetables, but it doesn’t taste like you’re eating a salad.
- You can use any kind of vegetables you have on hand, even frozen vegetables work! Need to clean out your fridge? Then you gotta make this vegetarian spaghetti!
- Mostly hands-off cooking! If you’ve prepped the vegetables on a weekend, then it’s practically dump-and-go kind of meal. Perfect weeknight meal it is!
- And lastly, it’s going to be your family favorite! Who doesn’t love spaghetti?!