Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Burgers
Upgrade your burger game with these fun and delicious jalapeño popper stuffed burgers on pretzel buns! Filled with generous amount of cheese and bacon, these burgers have just enough heat to satisfy your craving for spicy food, yet they won’t burn your mouth with blazing heat, unless you want to. In that case, double the jalapeños!
- 4 slices bacon
- ¼ cup canned jalapeños
- 4oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ lbs ground beef (I used 80/20)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (or favorite burger seasoning or your choice)
- 4 pretzel buns
- 4 tablespoons butter (or mayo)
- To make the filling, chop bacon into small pieces.
- In a large skillet, cook chopped bacon over medium high heat until nice and crispy, about 8 minutes. Drain on paper towel and cool.
- Chop canned jalapenos into small pieces.
- In a medium bowl, combine bacon bits, jalapenos and cheese. Mix well.
- To shape the burgers, divide beef into 8 equal parts, 3oz each, and then flatten each one into thin patties, about ¼-inch thick.
- Place jalapeno popper filling in the middle of 4 patties. Then top them with the other 4 patties and seal the edges. (To make this process much easier, use this burger press. Read the directions in Notes 1.)
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper, or your favorite burger seasoning.
- Heat the grill to medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- To cook the burgers, grill the burgers over medium heat until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. (Aim for 160°F internal temperature.)
- Meanwhile, butter the buns and toast lightly over low heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the burgers on prepared toasted buns with other desired toppings and garnishes.
Note 1: If you’re using a burger press, like this one, divide the meat into 4 x 4oz and 4 x 2oz balls. Then place 4oz meat into the bottom of the press, flatten it using the press for stuffed burger, making a well in the middle. Fill with quarter of the filling and then place 2oz meat on top and push with flat press.
Yield: 4 burgers, Serving Size: 1 burger
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 633 Calories
- Total Fat: 33.2g
- Cholesterol: 148.8mg
- Sodium: 1368.7mg
- Carbohydrates: 27.7g
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Protein: 47.6g
I love homemade burgers! But I used to hate making them, because it’s so daunting to shape flat and dense patties that don’t fall apart during cooking and big enough to fit the hamburger buns.
Nothing worse than shriveled hamburger between oversized buns, right?
Well, that was until I got this simple gadget: 4-in-1 burger press! Not only does it make perfect hamburger patties, but it also makes different sizes (sliders, anyone?) and stuffed burgers!!! Scroll down to see it in action!
Another little secret to effortless burgers is these hamburger patty papers. Now you can stack those patties up to save some space.
TIP: Line the burger press with patty paper, put the meat and place another patty paper on top before using the press. This way, meat doesn’t stick to the press and it’s much smoother and quicker process!