Leftover Steak Fried Rice
Turn your leftover steak and rice into quick and easy, yet flavorful dinner in minutes. It’s definitely one of the best leftover steak recipes out there. Repurposing leftovers is a smart shortcut to a delicious dinner on a busy night.
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4oz sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice*
- ½ lb leftover steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4oz) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and add minced garlic.
- When fragrant, add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned and softened.
- Push the vegetables to the side, making an empty center in the pan.
- Add eggs and scramble until mostly cooked. Then mix with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add rice and stir everything and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced steak and peas.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mix and cook until everything is heated though. Serve immediately.
*Make sure to use 3 cups of cooked rice, preferably long grain rice, like jasmine rice. Leftover cooked rice is best for fried rice, because it has less moisture.
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 347 Calories
- Total Fat: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 98.3mg
- Sodium: 342.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 46.2g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 21.8g
Looking for fabulous leftover steak recipes? You’re in for a treat! Because we’re talking about incredibly delicious, yet easy recipe using a leftover steak.
I know, for many leftover steak is a foreign concept. It was for me until I started cooking an extra steak on our steak nights. When you need to stretch that one steak to feed your whole family, this leftover steak fried rice is your best option.
Cold leftover cooked rice is ideal to make the best fried rice, because it has less moisture and makes fluffy fried rice without turning it into a mush.
This fried rice is also easy to customize with whatever vegetables you have on hand.
What type of rice is best for fried rice?
I mostly use long grain white rice, like jasmine, for my fried rice recipes. Basmati rice and brown rice are also great options. However, short grain rice is sticky and it’s hard to turn it into fluffy fried rice.
What makes it the best fried rice?
2 things are most important!
- Cold leftover rice is the key to fluffy fried rice.
- Another secret to major flavor is sesame oil, powerful nutty oil that brings quintessential fried rice flavors!