Leftover Steak Fried Rice
Repurposing leftovers is a smart shortcut to a delicious dinner on a busy night. This is one of the best leftover steak recipes. Clean up the fridge and customize your fried rice with the vegetables on hand. Leftovers never tasted this good!
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or vegetable oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 4oz sliced white mushrooms
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups leftover cooked rice*
- ½ lb leftover steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (4oz) frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons sesame oil
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat olive oil and add minced garlic.
- When fragrant, add mushrooms and zucchini. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until nicely browned and softened.
- Push the vegetables to the side, making an empty center in the pan.
- Add eggs and scramble until mostly cooked. Then mix with the rest of the vegetables.
- Add rice and stir everything and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sliced steak and peas.
- Stir in the soy sauce and sesame oil.
- Mix and cook until everything is heated though. Serve immediately.
*Make sure to use 3 cups of cooked rice, preferably long grain rice, like jasmine rice. Leftover cooked rice is best for fried rice, because it has less moisture.
Yield: 4-6 servings, Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 347 Calories
- Total Fat: 8.7g
- Cholesterol: 98.3mg
- Sodium: 342.3mg
- Carbohydrates: 46.2g
- Sugar: 2.5g
- Protein: 21.8g