This post may contain affiliate links. Read our disclosure policy here.
Yes, you can enjoy gourmet burgers stuffed with mushrooms and feta on a weeknight.
With this handy tool, you’ll be shaping perfect beef patties in no time.
Perfectly sautéed mushrooms and creamy feta give a nice twist to otherwise plain burgers. And don’t forget to toast them buns until nice and crispy! It’s a game-changer!
Mushroom and Feta Stuffed Gourmet Burgers
- 6 oz white mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or bacon fat
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz crumbled feta cheese
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef, 80/20
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or favorite burger seasoning or your choice
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 tablespoons butter, or mayo
- TO MAKE THE FILLING, cut mushrooms into small pieces.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil.
- Once oil is hot, add chopped mushrooms and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until mushrooms nicely browned, 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool.
- Mix cooled mushroom with feta cheese.
- TO SHAPE THE BURGERS, divide beef into 8 equal parts, 3oz each, and then flatten each one into thin patties, about ¼-inch thick.
- Place the mushroom and feta filling in the middle of 4 patties. Then top them with the other 4 smaller patties and seal the edges. (To make this process much easier, use this burger press. Read the directions in NOTES 1.)
- Season the burgers with salt and pepper, or your favorite burger seasoning.
- Heat the grill to medium heat for at least 5 minutes.
- TO COOK THE BURGERS, grill the burgers over medium heat until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. (Aim for 160°F internal temperature.)
- Meanwhile, butter the buns and toast lightly over low heat until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the burgers on prepared toasted buns with other desired toppings and garnishes.
Ever since I got ahold of this burger press, I’ve been on a burger kick non-stop. Once daunting chore, all of a sudden, became my favorite thing to make! What? True story!
And not just regular burgers too. I upgraded our burger game up a notch. Gourmet stuffed burgers are on the menu! Why? Because it’s just soooo easy to do!
Just an extra step to mix up a yummy filling and voila! And I can’t even take the credit for the hard work, because the burger press makes it super easy to shape and fill the beef patties.
And as much as I want to say you can make these stuffed burgers without this burger press, you’ll definitely want to have it. Because it’s waaaay easier and quicker with this handy little kitchen gadget. (And it’s quite inexpensive too!)
If you’re like me, you probably have a container full of sautéed mushrooms. So handy and convenient!! You won’t even need to cook the filling, which saves so much time on a busy night.